There are a few notable differences between the USA and Licensed Ultralites other than the price:
- Location of Manufacture:
- The USA Ultralites are machined, finished and assembled in the USA. Some small parts like mount screws are sourced globally.
- The Licensed Ultralites are made by our manufacturing partner in South Korea.
- The USA Ultralite bodies are machined from solid aluminum.
- The Licensed Ultralite bodies are cast from zinc.
- The 3/8" USA and Licensed Ultralites both fit a 9/16" (14mm) headstock hole.
- The 1/2" USA Ultralite fits an 11/16" (17mm) headstock hole, while the 1/2" Licensed Ultralite fits a 5/8" (16mm) headstock hole.
- The USA Ultralites are reversible, meaning you can take the tuning key out of the body and insert it in the opposite orientation to change the tuner from bass side to treble.
- The Licensed Ultralites are not reversible. A bass side tuner cannot be reoriented to treble side.
- The Licensed Ultralites are available in Satin Chrome, Shiny Black, Gold, and Shiny Chrome.
- The USA Ultralites are available in Satin Chrome, Satin Black, Gold, and Shiny Nickel.
We consider both tuning machine types to be the best in the industry and we stand by their quality 100%.